Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chiang Mai


I went to see elephants in Chiang Mai.  It was the Maesa Elephant Camp.  First, I fed the elephants bananas and sugar cane.  It was cool.  I have a banana in my hand and I'm feeding this elephant in this picture, but you might not see it.  
Next, I saw the elephants take a bath in the river.  They laid down and one was sitting, and the trainers brushed them and cleaned them.  You might not think that they have hair, but they do have some hair. 

Then I went to the elephant show.  The elephants just rule.  They pulled big, fat logs one at a time.  Two boy elephants with long tusks and one girl elephant stacked the logs, and then they bowed.  My great-grandpa owned elephants to do work in his wood mill.  Elephants are strong and smart.
I went on a half hour elephant ride next.  I saw the buildings down below the mountain.  She moved slowly and when she walked it was really bumpy.  That ride was the best.  



In the afternoon, we went to a temple in the mountains.  We walked up 207 steps to the top, so we could see the temple.  I rang a gong and rows of bells.  I sa-tuted to the Buddhas in the last picture.  I had a fun day. -Gavin


207 steps up to the top

I am ringing a large gong.

Chiang Mai Temple

Walking around the temple



1 comment:

  1. Gavin,
    The elephant ride sounded like fun! What is the elephant getting in that blue barrel, some water? I didn't know that they like to eat bananas and sugar cane. They sure are fascinating creatures!
    Did it take a long time to walk those 207 steps up the mountain? The temple is so beautiful. -Julia & Lisa

    ReplyDelete