Friday, January 25, 2013

Korat


We are in Korat. Tha-Tha grew up near here. I got to go to the zoo and the dinosaur museum. The zoo had some different animals from our zoos. I saw a bird here and it was big.  It looked  like it had a little crown on its head that was straight. It was hornbill. Then I saw the snakes. I saw a king cobra and a golden Thai python. You will see my picture of a golden Thai python. It is really long and was white and yellow.


     Then I saw water buffaloes, and they can swim.  That's why they call them water buffaloes. My Tha-Tha use to ride water buffaloes when he was a kid. He would ride the water buffalo to herd the cattle. When it was hot, Tha-Tha would take the herd to the river. After the cows got their drink, they went back to the grass, but the water buffalo would jump into the river to swim because they were hot and they love to swim.



I saw elephants, and I saw chimpanzees. If you have seen the movie Chimpanzee, you would know what they look like. The chimpanzees were funny when people were throwing out bananas. I saw one  holding out his hand and shaking his arm so he could get one. Next, I went to see the animals that come out at night. They are called nocturnal animals. There were lots of animals in this zoo.

Next, I went to the dinosaur and fossil museum. I saw 2 dinosaurs fighting outside on the pond. They were just statues. They were not moving. I wondered why the plant eater was winning the fight against the T-Rex. I did not find out until the last movie. The plant eater had sharp claws and it was scratching and hitting the T-Rex to protect itself. The T-Rex did kill one of the plant eaters, but the 2 other ones ran away in the movie.

There was wood that turned to stone. It is called petrified wood. A huge rainstorm came and flooded the ground. The wind blew the trees down. Lots of sand and dirt covered the trees.  The wood broke apart. After a long time, the wood turned into crystals. Then it turned into stone. Then the rain and rivers washed all of the dirt away and people found the wood. Some people thought that the petrified wood was bones of a Cyclopes monster. Other people thought that the wood was spears and swords from a humongous battle of Gods. Some thought that a woman was trying to make a  fire, but the wood was too wet. So she got mad and turned the wood into stone.  These stories are just fake, but some people thought that. -Gavin

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you saw some really amazing animals Gavin! I'd love to see a water buffalo!
    -Lisa & Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa

    All of the animal look very cool. The monkey picture was cute too!

    -Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Vanessa,I like the animals you posted. I like the monkeys the best. What was your favorite animal? I wish I could ride on an elephant .
    Keep having fun!

    love, lily

    ReplyDelete